NOT SURPISINGLY, NEITHER KID ROCK nor Elton John responded to Connect’s interview requests in advance of their respective upcoming Civic Center concerts. However, that didn’t prevent me from coming up with a batch of questions for both superstars. Just for a laugh, I’ve mixed them up, and you can test your knowledge of both artists by matching each question to its intended recipient. The answers are below. Good luck!
1. You were born Robert James Ritchie. Is there anyone in the world for whom you would still answer to that name?
2. You were born Reginald Kenneth Dwight. Is there anyone in the world for whom you would still answer to that name?
3. At the 2006 Billboard Music Awards, you performed the ZZ Top classic “Tush” alongside Billy Gibbons and Nickelback. What were you thinking?
4. At one point in your career, you went into a Chicago hospital to receive treatment for drug abuse, alcoholism, and bulimia (and wound up having hair replacement surgery while you were there). Which was the hardest illness to kick?
5. You starred in the David Spade film Joe Dirt, which many felt was an inferior rip-off of comedian David Cross’ Mr. Show character Ronnie Dobbs. Seriously, man, how does Spade get all the chicks?
6. One of your biggest hits was “The Bitch Is Back.” Where had The Bitch been?
7. You made headlines a while back when you “pimp-slapped” Tommy Lee at an awards ceremony for supposedly making a pass at your then-wife Pamela Anderson. You didn’t really believe that marriage would last the long haul, did you?
8. In 2001, you dropped out of a guest spot on a BBC-TV quiz show, so they hired a taxi driver who looked a lot like you as a substitute, and superimposed rude captions about you on screen during its broadcast. Did they make you mad?
9. In 2002, you recorded a duet with Sheryl Crow which was a massive hit on country radio, despite rumors that Crow was embarrassed by the tune and wished it had never been released. What’s her problem?
10. Your wax statue at Madame Tussauds reportedly took over 1,000 hours to complete. How long does it usually take you to get ready for a party?
11. There always seemed to be confusion about whether or not your late band mate Joe C. was or was not a f***ing midget. What was the final verdict on all of that?
12. You are rumored to be a guest vocalist on the forthcoming Eminem album. Is this true, and if so, how did you two meet?
13. You once admitted to being bisexual, but after divorcing your first wife, you openly identified yourself as a gay man. Have you ever regretted sharing so much of your personal life with the public?
14. You famously called Keith Richard an “arthritic monkey” after he described your Princess Di memorial rewrite of “Candle In The Wind” as just another “song about a dead blonde.” Have you and the monkey made up?
1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13: Kid Rock
2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14: Elton John
Wrong Soft Option
I have been waiting on a lot of these bands to come here, particularly Unearth....last…
This event will be amazing and Tim has poured his heart and soul to guarantee…