Standup comedian Kevin Hart, whose recent concert film Laugh at My Pain was a runaway hit, returns to the Johnny Mercer Theatre May 12. Tickets for the 7 p.m. performance are $57.50 through etix.com.
Hart was also in the independent comedy Let Go, which premiered last fall at the Savannah Film Festival.
Also on sale now are tickets ($39.75, $49.75) to see comic Jim Gaffigan in the Mercer Theatre – on Aug. 10! (Nothing like making those plans early).
Gaffigan, the guy who makes those “audience asides” in a high-pitched voice, and riffs for hours on how much he loves to eat Hot Pockets, has a new standup show he calls Mr. Universe.
Dates to remember
• St. Patrick’s Day: March 17. There’s .... uhh .... a big parade and stuff.
• Savannah Music Festival. March 22–April 2. A whole lotta shows.
• David Mamet’s November. March 22–April 1. Muse Arts Warehouse.
• Alison Krauss and Union Station at the Johnny Mercer Theatre. April 4.
• Mose Allison. Jazz Corner (Hilton Head). April 6 and 7.
• Daniel Tosh. Johnny Mercer Theatre. April 10. The last Comedy Central star; tickets are almost gone.
• Josh Turner. Johnny Mercer Theatre. April 15.
• Savannah Urban Arts Festival: April 15–22.
• Charlie Daniels Band/Little Big Town. Forsyth Park. April 20. A free show.
• Savannah Philharmonic: A Night of Great Opera. Lucas Theatre. April 21.
• Brian Regan. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 3. The semi-annual Savannah show from one of our favorite comics.
• Trace Adkins. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 4.
• Straight No Chaser. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 5. All-male a capella harmony group; a big PBS fave.
• Dar Williams. Live Wire Music Hall. May 16.
Hey there Jim, just wanted you to know "mind' eye" exhibit is by local artist…
Brilliantly conceived and directed by Sheila Lynne. Kudos Madame Director. A well oiled dynamic machine…
Dress rehearsal was superb. Laughs,tears,anxiety,WAR! The adaptation to Vietnam is brilliant and very currently relatable…