Some new stuff has been added to the Savannah Civic Center schedule for the late spring and early summer months. Tickets for all these shows are on sale now through etix.com.
The June 17 "Father's Day Gospel Explosion" in the Martin Luther King Arena will star Pastor Shirley Caesar, and feature Lee Williams & the Spiritual QC's, Dottie Peoples and others.
Keith Sweat, K-Ci & JoJo, GUY, SWV and Doug E Fresh perform July 27 in the arena; the show's called the "Fresh Music Festival."
Yanni, we already told you about. It's May 30 in the Johnny Mercer Theatre.
There'll be a WWE "Smackdown" June 3, and three Sesame Street Live performances (Elmo's Super Heroes) June 19 and 20.
@ If you care about such things: Fresh from his headlining engagement at Whitney Houston's funeral, Kevin Costner brings his country rock band Modern West to the Music Farm in Charleston this Sunday, April 1.
@ Thought you might also want to know that The Band Perry and The Fray are on tour together and will play April 20 in the Paulson Stadium, on the Georgia Southern University campus in Statesboro. Non-student tickets are $45 at georgiasouthern.edu/concert
Date me, baby
• Daniel Tosh. Johnny Mercer Theatre. April 10.
• Neon Trees. Trustees Theater. April 13.
• Josh Turner. Johnny Mercer Theatre. April 15.
• Savannah Urban Arts Festival: April 15-22.
• Charlie Daniels Band/Little Big Town. Forsyth Park. April 20.
• Savannah Philharmonic: A Night of Great Opera. Lucas Theatre. April 21.
• Brian Regan. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 3.
• Trace Adkins. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 4.
• Tall Ships Challenge (riverfront). May 3-7.
• Straight No Chaser. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 5.
• Kevin Hart. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 12.
• Dar Williams. Live Wire Music Hall. May 16.
Hey there Jim, just wanted you to know "mind' eye" exhibit is by local artist…
Brilliantly conceived and directed by Sheila Lynne. Kudos Madame Director. A well oiled dynamic machine…
Dress rehearsal was superb. Laughs,tears,anxiety,WAR! The adaptation to Vietnam is brilliant and very currently relatable…