Chatham Area Transit Shuttle
NOTE: Shuttle Service will NOT operate from the Oglethorpe Mall as in years past. However, the 14 Abercorn and 27 Waters buses will travel on their usual routes downtown from Oglethorpe Mall.
From 9 a.m.-11 a.m., Chatham Area Transit (CAT) will provide a round-trip shuttle service to the parade leaving from the:
• Westside at the Westside Shopping Center on Hwy 80 in Garden City;
• Eastside at the Island Towne Centre on Whitemarsh Island;
• Southside at the Savannah Mall near the carousel in the rear.
Parade patrons may park at these locations and ride shuttles downtown. Shuttles will begin return trips from the parade in downtown Savannah from noon - 3 p.m.
• Passengers riding the Eastside Shuttle will be dropped off and picked up downtown at Oglethorpe and Price Streets. It will return to Island Towne Centre.
• Passengers riding the Westside and Southside shuttles will be dropped off and picked up at the Visitors' Center at Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard. Westside Shuttle will return to Westside Shopping Center and Southside Shuttle will return to Savannah Mall.
After 3 p.m., shuttle patrons can return to their cars via CAT's fixed routes:
• The 3A and 3B routes will return within a block of the Westside Shopping Center. It will require a short walk.
• The 10 East Savannah and 24 Savannah State/Wilmington Island routes will return to the Island Towne Centre.
• The 14 Abercorn will return to the Savannah Mall.
Cost: A $3 fare pass provides a ride to the parade and a return trip. Exact change is strongly encouraged. Passes may be purchased in advance at CAT's main office, 900 East Gwinnett Street or CAT Central, 124 Bull Street.
City parking garages are open as follows on Tue. March 16 and Wed. March 17.
Bryan Street Garage: 24 hours a day
State Street Garage: 5 a.m.-1 a.m., and 5 a.m.-5 a.m. Thursday morning
Robinson Garage: 24 hours a day
Liberty Street Garage: 5 a.m.-1 a.m., 5 a.m.-5 a.m. Thursday morning
Whitaker Street Garage: 24 hours a day
Cost: Whitaker Street Garage $15, all others $10.
Monthly contract parkers are guaranteed a parking space until 8 a.m. Wednesday, March 17.
At the State Street and Liberty Street Garages access will only be granted for retrieving vehicles from 1-5 a.m. Wednesday. Vehicle entry to these garages will be prohibited during the same hours.
Visitor Information Center Lot
Open for parking at 6 a.m. on Wednesday the 17th. This lot has very limited RV parking available. Fee is $10.
Parking is prohibited in the parade marshalling areas and on the parade route. Parking meters in these areas will be bagged the night before. Areas without parking meters will be barricaded. Vehicles in prohibited zones will be towed beginning 6 a.m. Wednesday March 17.
Available on-street, metered parking will be free all day Wednesday the 17th.
Parking at Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
Parking for the Parade will be available at the Trade Center 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, March 17. A fee of $10 per vehicle includes a round trip on the water ferry for all passengers.
NOTE: The Trade Center Parking Lot will NOT admit vehicles after 3 p.m. on Wednesday March 17. The water ferry will continue to run until midnight for the convenience of Trade Center and Westin guests.