A two-day operation conducted by Savannah Police and the Department of Community Supervision resulted in nine arrests, 64 checks of probation and parolees, and the seizure of multiple guns and drugs.
"Operation Summer Heat was a joint operation that concluded Aug. 9 and focused on probation and parole checks in crime hot spots throughout the city. During the sweep officers conducted searches, resident verifications, drug testing of offenders and served multiple warrants for wanted subjects," a spokesperson says.
“This is just one of the operations we have conducted this year with our DCS partners that is focused on overall crime reduction in the city of Savannah,” said SPD Maj. Robert Gavin. “We are continuing to keep a close eye on probation and parolees to make sure they are not involved in gun, drug or gang activity. We are going to continue to remove violent offenders who are committing crimes. The intelligence and arrests made during this operation are already proving to be of assistance in some of our current, ongoing violent crime investigations.”
In addition to the 64 checks with probation and parolees, officers conducted 29 searches; 21 drugs screens, 13 of which returned positive; served nine warrants; and recovered two guns, as well as marijuana, crack cocaine, powder cocaine, MDMA and pills.
· Jerome Frazier, 26: possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (two counts), possession of Percocet
· Ezra Wright, 18: Entering auto
· Xavier Dennis, 17: hindering apprehension or punishment of a criminal, possession with intent to distribute marijuana, possession of crack cocaine, possession of powder cocaine
· Marcquel Frazier, 28: possession with intent to distribute MDMA
· Cameron Blige, 21: obstruction, feeling to elude an officer, contempt of court, felony probation violation
· Jonathan Franklin, 25: possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime
· Devante Daniels, 26: aggravated assault, aggravated battery
· Charone Taylor, 38: concealing the death of another
· Rashamell Miller, 26: probation violation, contempt of court