While saying that they have so far "not received any patients who have tested positive for COVID-19," Memorial Health Hospital announced Sunday afternoon several changes to its entrance protocol, effective Mon. March 16.
Public entrances to the hospital will be:
• ER (24/7)
Monday – Friday
• Main Hospital Entrance (5:30am – 7pm)
• Heart & Vascular Institute (5am – 7pm)
• Day Surgery (4:30am – 4pm)
• Main Hospital Entrance (7am – 7pm)
• Heart & Vascular Institute (7am – 7pm)
Additional visitation restrictions will be implemented:
• Only one (1) well adult visitor per patient at all times
• Visitation hours are 6am – 7pm
• Children 18 and under will not be allowed to visit
"Special consideration will be given to those in critical care, neonatal intensive care unit, maternity center and at the Children’s Hospital, on a case-by-case basis," a spokesperson says.
When visitors or patients arrive on campus, "they should utilize the public entrances. Greeters will be screening at those entrances with a list of basic questions to help ensure that patients get the care they need while not potentially exposing others to the virus."
Please do not visit the hospital if you:
• Have a fever
• Have a cough or shortness of breath and have traveled outside the US in the past 14 days
• Have had direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19