A Savannah man has been charged with aggravated assault “after being shot in a gunfire exchange with private security guards at a Skidaway Road nightclub Thursday night,” police say.
Nathaniel Hardy, 21, is under guard at Memorial University Medical Center where he was transported for treatment of a non-life threatening injury in the 11:38 p.m. shooting.
Hardy was in the parking lot of Overtime in the 4600 block of Skidaway “when shots were fired between him and men working security at the club,” police say.
Detectives continue to investigate the shooting.
• Detectives are investigating the fatal shooting of a Savannah man this past Sunday afternoon.
Malcolm Xavier Raphael Mitchell, 21, died after he was transported to Memorial University Medical Center following the 12:48 p.m. shooting at Waters Avenue and East 38th Street.
Anyone with info is asked to call Crimestoppers at (912) 234-2020 or text CRIMES (274637) using the keyword CSTOP2020. Tipsters remain anonymous and may qualify for a cash reward. A Tip Line also is open to investigators at (912) 525-3124.
• A 17-year-old Savannah woman is in critical condition after being struck by a car while attempting to walk across U.S. Highway 80 on Wilmington Island last Thursday night.
Stacie Davis of a Wyckfield Road address was transported to Memorial University Medical Center after the 8:57 p.m. accident in front of the Whitemarsh Island Shopping Center.
“She was walking north in the crosswalk at U.S. 80 and Debbie Drive against the light and talking on a cell phone when she was struck by a westbound Honda Civic driven by a 26-year-old Savannah man,” police say.
• U.S. Marshals, acting on information obtained by Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police, last Thursday afternoon arrested a Savannah man in Jacksonville, for an April 8 shooting death.
Jerome Coast Jr., 31, was arrested in a Jacksonville hotel. Metro homicide detectives had charged him with murder in the shooting death of Michael Willard James.
James, 31, was found dead in his SUV in the yard of a house on the 600 block of West 58th Street just after midnight. “The SUV had crashed into car parked in the yard, igniting a small fire that was quickly extinguished by Savannah Fire,” police say.
• Accident investigators are reviewing video of the scene “collected from city cameras and are seeking others from private businesses in their search for the vehicle and driver who struck and killed a Savannah woman” this past Monday morning.
Officers from the Downtown Precinct found Felicia Wilder, 60, lying in the north bound lanes of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard near Gaston Street just after midnight this morning. She was transported to Memorial University Medical Center for treatment and died.
• Three men have been arrested and stolen items recovered after neighbors teamed with police to solve three burglaries.
Arrested were Michael Maurice Dillon, 18, of Crystal Lake Drive, Antonio Sevon Jackson, 18, of East 34th Street, and Rahiem Thomas Rocke, 21, of West 35th Street.
They were arrested about 10:45 a.m. April 15 in the area of Bluegill Lane and Killearn Court after a resident reported seeing three males enter a black sedan carrying items from a nearby house.
Officers located the car with the men and a collection of guns, a crossbow and ammunition taken from a house on Bluegill Lane. The descriptions of the suspects and vehicle were similar to one reported by another neighbor in the same neighborhood off Quacco Road.