Standup comedian Kevin Hart, whose recent concert film Laugh at My Pain was a runaway hit, returns to the Johnny Mercer Theatre May 12. Tickets for the 7 p.m. performance are $57.50 through etix.com.
Hart was also in the independent comedy Let Go, which premiered last fall at the Savannah Film Festival.
Also on sale now are tickets ($39.75, $49.75) to see comic Jim Gaffigan in the Mercer Theatre – on Aug. 10! (Nothing like making those plans early).
Gaffigan, the guy who makes those “audience asides” in a high-pitched voice, and riffs for hours on how much he loves to eat Hot Pockets, has a new standup show he calls Mr. Universe.
Dates to remember
• St. Patrick’s Day: March 17. There’s .... uhh .... a big parade and stuff.
• Savannah Music Festival. March 22–April 2. A whole lotta shows.
• David Mamet’s November. March 22–April 1. Muse Arts Warehouse.
• Alison Krauss and Union Station at the Johnny Mercer Theatre. April 4.
• Mose Allison. Jazz Corner (Hilton Head). April 6 and 7.
• Daniel Tosh. Johnny Mercer Theatre. April 10. The last Comedy Central star; tickets are almost gone.
• Josh Turner. Johnny Mercer Theatre. April 15.
• Savannah Urban Arts Festival: April 15–22.
• Charlie Daniels Band/Little Big Town. Forsyth Park. April 20. A free show.
• Savannah Philharmonic: A Night of Great Opera. Lucas Theatre. April 21.
• Brian Regan. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 3. The semi-annual Savannah show from one of our favorite comics.
• Trace Adkins. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 4.
• Straight No Chaser. Johnny Mercer Theatre. May 5. All-male a capella harmony group; a big PBS fave.
• Dar Williams. Live Wire Music Hall. May 16.