6 p.m., Friday, Dec. 3
Tybee Island's annual nighttime parade of lights starts at Memorial Park, travels along Butler Ave. to Tybrisa St.
The following parade information is provided by the City of Tybee Island:
TODAY IS PARADE DAY ON TYBEE!
We’re so excited to be celebrating the holidays with everyone. We have more than 30 parade entries that will light up the town tonight! If you’re coming out to join us, please be mindful of these traffic impacts.
ROAD CLOSURES & IMPACTS
• Butler Avenue from 4th Street to Tybrisa Street will close for the parade beginning at 6 p.m. and will reopen after the last parade entry. Access to Butler from side streets also will be briefly prohibited as the parade passes.
• 4th Street is the site of the parade line up. Please be aware of road congestion between Butler Avenue and Jones Avenue as the floats gather in this area, Friday, beginning at 4 p.m. until the parade moves out.
• Tybrisa Street from Butler Avenue to Strand Avenue will be closed on Friday afternoon and reopened as soon as is safe to do so after the parade.
• Please use Jones Avenue as the designated alternate route during the Butler Avenue closure.
• No parking on Tybrisa from Butler Avenue to Strand Avenue on Friday until the road reopens after the parade.
• Please be aware that parking is not prohibited on Butler Avenue, but cars parked along the parade route will not be able to move until the parade passes.
If you download the Tybee Parking App and start a session, parking is complimentary through New Year’s Day. You can find the app in your phone app store.
PARADE ROUTE FOOD DRIVE
Please help us restock our Rising Tyde food pantry by bringing canned goods to the parade. Our Department of Public Works crew will be collecting these items along the parade route.